Friday, January 27, 2012

Another week in Hoops

My time in Los Angeles draws to a close but just because I'm on the west coast I've clearly been following what's going on in the basketball world. I finally got a chance to hoop in LA and the game is just as I anticipated. Strictly fast break without the flash-n-flare ball handling skills that's displayed in Chicago as well as the NYC. Overall I stand my claim Chicago truly does have the best ball players my city has the best overall players in the country and have the most heart. Let it be known the NBA MVP does hail from the Windy City.

Speaking of the Windy City, props to Derrick Rose for being pissed of at the Indiana Pacer for celebrating on the United Center floor after defeating the Chicago Bulls earlier this week. The rest of the club should have been just as upset Michael Jordan & Scottie Pippen would have not allowed the other team to celebrate on our home court. Once again that just shows the Chicago mentality when it comes to basketball WE DO THIS!!!!!!!!

I have no idea what's going on with my Fighting ILLINI?!?!? It seems once they're ranked, that's when they start losing. This team is young but it starts and ends with Meyers Leonard who needs to become more dominant in the post. The legit 7'0 center has pro potential but is not using his skills at all times. DJ Richardson & Brandon Paul have shown promise but still this teams needs to do better or they'll end up in the NIT like they did two years ago.

The D-League of College Basketball aka the Kentucky Wildcats are once again #1 in the nation. The Cats are clicking and Anthony Davis is playing like 2012 #1 NBA pick that everyone projects. Expect this group to cut down the nets in April.


No comments:

Post a Comment