Thursday, September 9, 2010

USA vs. Russia Recap

The game is airing now live on ESPN and I'm not enjoying what I see out of Team USA. Way too much 1-on-1 play for the American team that I think I'm watching guys play at X-Sports or the Y on 63rd Street. If Kevin Durant & continue to play the isolation game, I would not be surprised if they ended up going home. But if they decide to play team ball, this game could be a rout. Coach K's group needs to show offensive & defensive patience.

With 90 seconds left in the 3rd quarter USA has decided to show patience on offense & defense and own a commanding 15 point lead. Kevin Durant (23 points) has played the entire game but is still in isolation mode. Good hang time move by Velvet Hoop to finish strong with the left hand...no foul was called.

KD finished with a game high 33 as Team USA advances to the semifinals. Once again Russell Westbrook provided us with two highlight dunks to send the USA bench off their seats. Pushing the Lakers to 6 games plus FIBA experience has done wonders for Westbrook & Durant. I can't wait to watch Thunder basketball this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment