Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weekend Recap - SNL

I'll be honest...I didn't watch a lot of basketball this weekend. As I blog, I'm also watch NBA Gametime on NBA TV so I'll comment on the highlights as they roll along.

I did catch the first half of the Kansas-Tennessee game and I had a gut feeling The Jayhawks were in trouble before I went grocery shopping. By the time I came home the #1 team in the land suffered their first defeat by the Volunteers. Much respect to Tennessee as they're playing with a brand new team as four of there players are off the team due to some "off court issues". Congrats to Texas for being the new #1 come Monday morning (their school needs some type of good news after the week they've had).

By the time I arrived home, I caught the second half of the Cavs-Blazers game on ESPN. LeBron had 31 by the end of the first half but his fashion statement was something else. With the Cavs wearing vintage blue jerseys, LeBron James wore different color shoe to pay homage to Mark Price, Brad Daughtery, Larry Nance...no mention of Ron Harper. King James finished with 41 points and 10 assist.

What did I think of Charles Barkley on Saturday Night Live? The McGuber skit and the weekend update with the blind New York governer was classic but overall the show was horrible. Several times Barkley messed up his lines then held his laughter but then again he's not an actor. Alicia Keys was hot I enjoyed seeing her perform.

Time to hit the court Mondays are always a great day for pickup ball I'll let you know how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment